YES YES YES
1. MacLaren’s Pub is named after the Associate Producer on the show. His name is Carl Maclaren, and the bartender is named Carl, who Ted believed to be a vampire (Season 1, Episode 10) because they only saw him at night.
2. Colbie Smulders, who plays Robin Scherbatsky, is actually from, you guessed it, Canada. They both hail from the Great White North, specifically, Vancouver. Go Canucks!
3. Barney Stinson, a drug dealer? Yes, that’s right. Neil Patrick Haris’ character, that we oh-so-much love, is named after a heroin dealer from James Ellroy’s book, L.A. Confidential.
4. Sandy Rivers, Blauman, and Scooter are three of the main cast’s significant others: Alyson Hannigan, Colbie Smulders, and Neil Patrick Harris, respectively.
5. Alyson Hannigan (Lily) was pregnant for most of Season 4. The writers had a…
View original post 289 more words